Alright so, if I were to show you photos of the Butter bear’s room, it doesn’t actually look like any progress has been made However, I promise you, the groundwork has been laid. Here’s what’s been happening…..
- Over the weekend we pretty much cleared out Ikea, purchasing rugs, pillows, and throws that are going to look AMAZING in the room
- Light fixture – we also, trying to be as low budget as possible grabbed the stockholm fixture at Ikea, but we plan to something a little fun and different with it. I was looking at some pricier options, but lets get real, this is a kids room, and I have like 10 other fixtures in the house to replace, so no dice:)
- Teepee has been ordered (yeep!! I may use it more than he does)!!
- Paint supplies purchased, and crew hired, meaning my Dad and Htown (20 bucks says Htown doesn’t paint an inch of the room, but I digress). The walls in this room are crazy high, so priming over the nightmare wonderland will be no small feat.
- Batboys pillowcase ordered from our new favorite Kiwis over at Little Pop Studio.
- Really, really wanted this lighting bolt from Fromage la Rue, but they are still manufacturing them. I don’t even know where I would want to put it in the design, I just know that I want it. Time to come up with a plan B, because this room needs some type of marquee.
- And a couple of other magical touches (I can’t give everything away!:-)
Current challenge. The ceiling. Yes, I could just leave it white. It would be so easy, no one will even look up, but that’s just not how I roll. Here’s what we’ve considered so far:
Ceiling triangles like this.
His room is huge, so I would need a million of them, and it would eat up my entire budget, so these are out.
Then we considered doing a cool painting tape job. I took a closer look at the ceiling and it is super duper textured. Keeping paint from bleeding under the tape would be a nightmare. Paint is out.
So now what? I’m not giving up. This boy will have a cool ceiling. I have a few other ideas in mind, I’ll keep you posted. In the meantime, go check out all of the other week #3 fab space transformations at Calling it Home:)