Hi all! This list is a work in progress:) We created it as a clickable resource list (to keep our sanity), and to have all of the most popular online resources and apps in one place during our newfound homeschooling time. We will keep adding as we find more. Have a suggestion to add? Email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Learning Apps
ABC Mouse (free month, or teachers may have classroom codes)
Prodigy – math literacy games (ask teacher for login)
VIRTUAL FIELD TRIPS (so many of these, will link more as I find)
ART & QUICK BREAKS
5 Reasons Zaza Memorial should be your next girls getaway
Ya know that feeling, after hours of travel, after you uber to the airport, fly to your destination, shuttle to the resort, check in, and you are finally sitting by the hotel pool, frosé in hand, and the world melts away? Well what if you could cut out all of that traveling nonsense, and be tanning in the pool in under 30 minutes? THAT is why Zaza Memorial should be THE destination for your next girls getaway.
1. Pool & Pool Bar – Frosé Rosé All Day
The cabanas are ultra cozy and chic, the pool staff is extremely attentive (made sure we were fully hydrated), and always had something tasty in our hand to drink. We also chowed down on their giant fruit plate, which paired extremely well with their Whispering Angel Rose.
2. 20% off the ZaSpa
When you book the Girl’s Getaway package, everything on the spa menu is 20% off. We needed some serious relaxation while we were there, so we went for the Swedish Bliss Massage, and it was heaven. After the massage, we sweated out (the pound of volcano salt fries we ate at The Tipping Point the night before) in the infrared sauna, and our puffiness disappeared.
3. Dinner at the Tipping Point Restaurant and Terrance
I’ll be honest, we’d been enjoying our beverages at the pool all day, and although the Zaza Car was more than ready to take us out to dinner, we were perfectly content dining on the poolside terrace at the Tipping Point. I devoured the wedge salad, and I’m still dreaming about the luscious “One Hot Chick” wrap. Oh yeah, and we split the Volcano Salt French Fries, which were deadly…in a good way.
4. The Rooms are AMAZE
Okay, so one of the things Zaza Memorial is known for, is their fabulous luxurious rooms. The magnificent 7 are especially…magnificent, and The Beach House was 960 square feet of coastal bliss that clinched our feeling of being on a tropical vacation.
5. Flight of Mimosas in room upon awakening & Breakfast in Bed
You heard me right. Included in your girls getaway package are 4 carafes of your choice of juices, and a big bottle of bubbly. Delivered. To. Your. Door. Nothing makes girls happier than mimosas, and options, so this one is a HUGE crowd pleaser.
To book your girl’s getaway or upcoming trip, CLICK HERE:)
Winter Wonderland Sugar Free Smash Cake
We’ve had so many questions about Arlo’s healthy-ish smash cake recipe, that I figured it was time for a post! I scoured the web and pinterest, and the one I found here is by far my favorite! Here is my adaptation based on what ingredients we had in the house.
- 4 or 5 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup natural no sugar added applesauce
- 3 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cups whole wheat flour (we used coconut flour)
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour – this recipe called for oat flour (grind rolled oats in blender, then measure) – but ain’t nobody got time for that
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Disco Dust – we used green and iridescent
- Sisal Trees
- Baby Deer
- Mash the bananas in a medium bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, mix the flours, baking soda, and cinnamon together.
- Add the mashed bananas, applesauce, coconut oil, and vanilla to the flour mixture. Mix just until incorporated.
- Coat your pan with oil.
- Spread the batter into the bottom of the pans.
- Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes. Check with a toothpick for doneness.
- Cool the cakes before frosting. If you used the 8″ or 9″ pan, then use an overturned smaller bowl to cut out small cake rounds.
Healthy No Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting
*dislaimer – I didn’t have the best luck with this particular frosting, but you might. Even cooled, and blended with a hand mixer, I couldn’t get the cheese smooth, and the frosting was very runny. If I did it again I would use less apple juice concentrate OR I would use the second frosting option below it.
- 1 cup (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) no sugar added apple juice concentrate
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Soften the cream cheese.
- Whisk the cream cheese with the apple juice concentrate and vanilla extract until creamy.
Frosting Option 2 -Sugar Free Whipped Cream Frosting
- 1 c. milk
- 1 small box sugar free, instant pudding, any flavor
- 1 pt. heavy cream
- Whisk together pudding and milk. With an electric mixer
- add cream and beat until stiff peaks form.
Or Click Here to shop our entire GIFTS FOR DUDES collection